I'd like to know more about film that has been transferred to video and how many lumens are required to properly project the video version of the film. Consider this topic a chance for all of us to learn about lumenclature (ha ha ha). What is the minimum amount of lumens I need for a theatre size screen?

Are there any correlating numbers between screen size and lumens, such as for every 100 lumens you can add a foot of heighth to the screen size? etc... Does zooming a 2 to 1 video projector zoom lens all the way in cut down some light when compared to using the same projector and bulb closer in to match the same image size without a zoom?

Can lumens be unreliable if the color temperature of the bulb varies wildly from one projector to another, or do video projectors have a standard color temperature when using lumens? Also, does RGB projection use a different lumens rating system than NTSC video projection?

Thanks in advance.

I went ahead and googled the word lumens and found this link on Wikipedia.

It even has a lumens/screen size chart!